I know, I know it’s only the beginning of November but I already know what I want for Christmas so I thought I’d give you my list so you can get a head start on making my heart sing this year.
Seriously though, I have been seriously hankering after the gorgeous work by some female creatives I’ve come across lately. I really have made a list of things I’d love. I actually messaged one woman saying that I know I should really buy something from her as a gift to someone else but I just want it for myself.
So I thought that I would share with you some of the things I’m drooling over which could make wonderful presents for Christmas (for me or anyone else of your choosing) and which will support a small independent business and help them in to the next year.
- Coastline by Cassie McCann JewelleryNot only has Cassie just graduated from the Design and Craft Council of Ireland’s Jewellery and Goldsmithing Course in Kilkenny, she also won the a €1000 bursary from Kilkenny Design. Her gorgeous jewellery, inspired by her Wicklow Coastline home, is stunning. Well worth checking out.
- Mutha.hood I’m in love with Gemma’s Insta-stories. She does the best marketing job for her little clothing company because she just LOVES what she does and gets so excited about other people enjoying her clothes. Her FairWear, organic cotton, climate neutral teeshirts and sweaters are perfect to send a loving and empowering message to those Mums in your life. I want one of everything but I’m particularly fond of the Rebelle sweatshirt. I’d say I’m a size M….just, you know, in case….
- Eibhlin Crossan Art Seriously, what’s not to like about this painting? Her Goddess series paintings are just stunning. Eibhlin’s work is currently on show at the ARTSOURCE exhibition this weekend in the RDS in Dublin and she has a limited edition of prints available.
- Paula McGurdy Paula is also exhibiting this weekend at ARTSOURCE. Her colourful, whimsical paintings using water colour and collage and pen and ink just brighten up my day. I also follow Paula on Instagram where she’s so enthusiastic about her work and generous in sharing her process.
- Desire Map Planner by Danielle LaPorte – This, you can just treat yourself to because I already bought my 2018 planner as soon as it came out. I have struggled for years, years I tell you, to find the perfect planner and now I have. Danielle LaPorte is the author of White Hot Truth and Desire Map and I love pretty much everything she does but the weekly planner is just fantastic for helping to keep your soul on the agenda. I bought the weekly and the daily planner because I wasn’t sure which would work for me next year. I am going with the weekly one so I’m willing to gift the daily planner to the first person to write in the comments why they desire the Desire Map 2018 Daily Planner. As an affiliate of Danielle Laporte Inc, if you pay direct from her site, I will receive a little commission.
Next week, I’ll give links to 5 more glorious creatives whose work would be desirable at any time of year as well as Christmas (my birthday is in July so there’s plenty of time to start saving….)